Какво TDI е добро за София? Мога да търгувате 2007 S6 ...

Haha, don't confuse him...Mixofia, that guy had 3.0 TDI and now has 3.0T on S4 and trying to make your choice a bit difficult... 

One tip - from one side to the other side of the country it is about 5-6 hours of driving or about 500-600 km.

Редактирано от sky
Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

IMHO you lose too much time calculating the potential scenario. Believe it or not, purchasing of a car is far from investment and talking about depreciation and fuel/maintenance expenses will not help you a lot. You have to accept that from the first minute you buy it you will lose in value. You have to accept there will be additional costs and that failures happen.

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 2 weeks later...

My advice to you as one that live in a foreign country from few years.

Don't make caclulation such as depreciation, fuel or such things but get a car that will not makes you problems. Otherwise do you imagine how you will solve your car problems ...

You do not speak the language, you do not know any proper or good reputation car service garage. At least at the begining...

Your only option will be the official branded garage service of Audi. That will be your biggest cost :).....so get a car to stay away from at least the smaller problems.

At last but not the last one you should think how you will save the car not to be stolen. Once you will be noticed from the people do this you will start to be very attractive target...Finally taxi fares in BG are not so expencive :) the last sounds just in a half as joke .....

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Q5 is actually quite small copmared to Q7. There is no problem to drive one in Sofia.

Regarding the above mentioned issue with car robberies you don't have to worry too much - a good insurance prevents form headaches and equals to sweet dreams.

The insurance rates are quite reasonable and most of the times insurance value exceeds the market value.

No one before me mentioned the fuel cost values. Are you familiar with the rates just in order to precise your depreciation/fusel cost analyses?

Diesel fuel and also gasoline cost abt. 1.80-1.90 US Dollars per litre wich is more or less twice (?) the US retail price.

So take this under consideration in the perspective of your tourism and travel intentions when you chose the proper motorisation for your needs.

Редактирано от AALEXANDROV
Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm finally going to put the S6 up forsale. But after I got the car cleaned up, I want to keep it. Have a look:

http://forums.fourtitude.com/showthread.php?6982127-2007-Audi-S6-v10-5-2L-FSI

I hope I can find something this nice when I get to Sofia...

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 4 weeks later...

I will not use google translator anymore.

Защо не вземеш нещо ново?

При условие, че ще взимаш американска заплата в България едва ли ще е проблем подръжката.

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Heу guys, I'm thinking that you have started to confuse our american fella with all those negative wording.

First of all, Bulgaria is not a jungle, but a normal european country, with amazing nature, good resorts and of course beautiful women. It's member of the European Union. There are still laws and regulations there, do not worry so much :) Yes, there is some probability your car to be stolen, but such a probability exists everywhere, even in USA right?

That's why you need good insurance, which covers damage and robbery of the whole vehicle. With this type of insurance called KASKO, you don't have to worry about parking and keeping your car, even outside on the streets.

Many people in Bulgaria are able to speak at least any english, so if you need a good service and you have money :), you will find it.

I can advice you to buy a car, from an authorised Audi dealer in Sofia, like the collegues above me already proposed.

It's true that the non-authorized car dealers may manipulate the odometer, so avoid them.

Maintan your car in the authorised services only. They will give warranty of the changed parts in most of the cases. I don't expect the price of the service to be such a big issue for you, considering the prices in USA.

Going to Germany just to buy a car from there is not clever. Consider that you have to travel 2000 km in one direction and to handle with all formallities.

I guess you don't speak german as well. Anyway if you need some help in translating from german, I might help you :)

As an option for a car and engine, I can reccomend you Q5, or A4 no more than 4 years old with the smaller 4 cyllinder 2.0TDI. This engine offers very good fuel consumption against decent dynamic. The fuel consumtion of this engine is between 5-8 liters diesel per 100 km. Note that in Bulgaria the roads are not suitable for high speeds.

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

You guys are all really great. I'm very thankful for all the comments - in English AND in Bulgarian. 

I'm going to buy a 3-4 year old used car because I hate paying for depreciation - even in the US, and even more than paying for repairs. As long as the car is "new to me" then I'm happy. 

I'm also looking forward to the next 3 years in Sofia. Everything thing I have heard so far makes me think it will be a wonderful time. Even if my car gets stolen - that's why we all pay for insurance, right? I may go to Germany to buy a car, but that's mostly to visit friends and take a long, slow drive through Europe. I'll have a couple weeks in August with nothing to do and no one for my kid to play with so why not go and explore? There will be plenty of time to drive around Sofia and Bulgaria.

I look forward to my arrival and maybe even the chance to meet-up some day.

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

• 1 month later...

Hi all, or should I say, "dober den" (which is the extent of my Bulgarian so far...)

I failed in my attempt to sell my S6 in DC, my best offer was USD $17K. I figured that at that price, I'd bring it over and drive it here instead. So I put the car on a boat and apparently it's already here in customs. I'm living in Lozenets and I've already seen a few S6/8 v10s in the neighborhood, so please wave when you see me pass. That would hopefully be in a week or two.

Michael.

3e125c92-7bf5-48ad-b584-bb3bde37cbff2.JP

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Dear frend,

as i see you do not have problems with the funding, so the biger the better. For you s8 4.2l diesel is the car of the choice. The comersial chicks will jump from the windows inside the car.

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Dear frend,

as i see you do not have problems with the funding....

Don't get carried away. That used to be an expensive car in the US, now it's cheap which is why I can't re-sell it for more than $17K. But I'll be spending a lot on fuel...

Адрес на коментара
Сподели в други сайтове

Създайте нов акаунт или се впишете, за да коментирате

За да коментирате, трябва да имате регистрация

Създайте акаунт

Присъединете се към нашата общност. Регистрацията става бързо!

Регистрация на нов акаунт

Вход

Имате акаунт? Впишете се оттук.

Вписване
  • Потребители разглеждащи страницата   0 потребители

• Няма регистрирани потребители разглеждащи тази тема.